Brianne (Cupcakes & Kale Chips)
Jif & Smuckers wanted to share some sweet new ways for you and your kids to enjoy PB&J. We teamed up with Cupcake & Kale Chips blogger Brianne to give us a guide to a super delicious and fun PB&J Parfait. With granola, yogurt and of course, your favorite Smuckers and Jif, Brianne created a tasty treat you can enjoy as a snack or dessert. Read below for a quick recipe guide, and for more tips visit the whole article over at the blog.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Yogurt Parfaits are a fun and yummy way to enjoy everyone’s favorite pairing of PB&J with layers of Greek yogurt, fresh strawberries, of course a few spoonfuls of peanut butter and jelly, and a crunchy peanut butter and jelly granola with bits of dried strawberries. No need to wait till lunch for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Kids will love to start their day with PB&J for breakfast, or even as an after-school snack when they dig their spoons into peanut butter and jelly parfaits.
For the Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola
3 cups old fashioned oats (gluten free, if necessary)
1 cup Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped roasted and salted peanuts
1 cup freeze dried strawberries
For each Peanut Butter and Jelly Yogurt Parfait
1/2 cup or one 5.3 oz. container vanilla Greek yogurt
1/4 cup sliced strawberries
1 Tablespoon Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Tablespoon Smucker’s Natural Strawberry Spread about
1/4 cup Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola Order Ingredients
For the Peanut Butter and Jelly Granola:
- Preheat oven to 275°F and line a sheet pan with parchment or a silicone baking sheet.
- Place the oats in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir together the Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, honey, and salt in a small, microwave safe bowl. Microwave for about 30 seconds or until you can stir it into a smooth mixture.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oats and stir until completely coated.
- Spread in a single layer on the sheet pan, and press down.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then stir gently without breaking up all of the large pieces. Spread into a single layer.
- Bake for another 20-30 minutes, gently stirring and checking every 10 minutes until dried out and slightly crisp. It will become more crisp as it cools.
- Cool on the pan until it reaches room temperature, then mix in the peanuts and freeze dried strawberries.
- Store the granola in an airtight container.
For each Peanut Butter and Jelly Yogurt Parfait:
- Place about half of the yogurt in the bottom of a jar or bowl. Top with half the strawberries, half a tablespoon Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter, half a tablespoon Smucker’s Natural Strawberry Spread, and about two tablespoons granola.
- Repeat the layers and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.